Monday, July 6, 2015

Thank God, It's Monday! - TGIM

Inspired by my sister in Christ who started a blogging event which she termed "Thank God, It's Monday!", I'm also writing my own TGIM post to replace all the negative vibes during Mondays until this becomes a bandwagon and a phenomenon.

Today is a rainy Monday and for most in the north, a stormy one. When I was working in the corporate world, the fact that I hate going back to work on Mondays coz it's hard to let go of the weekend bliss made me hate it more when the weather is bad. To think I go to work by car so how much more for those who take the public transportation? Another self-discovery; how ungrateful and so discontent I was before.

What makes me love Mondays, by the way? A lot of things. But I have to tackle only the things I have in store for me today and this week.

I Thank God It's Monday because....

... we're on our fourth week of homeschooling! The kids are enjoying and loving it and so am I. Yay, we are thriving!

... I will again be preparing exciting and engaging activities for our kids to supplement their bookish type of learning and I also learn a lot of things in the process.

... it's raining hard and we homeschool, I'll not be bothered with monitoring the news on status of class suspensions due to bad weather, or worry on my kids' condition away from me, instead I'll use that time doing more productive work. This is so thumbs up! :)

... I sent NXTGen devotional material to one of my Friday Skypleship mommies last night and she sent me a very affirmative reply just now. She said she couldn't wait for our meeting this Friday. This painted a big smile on my face.

... I'm also very excited to meet my Tuesday Skypleship online droup tomorrow for the first time so today I'll be preparing the topics for the meeting.

... even if it's a stormy weather, I was still able to visit my garden and give my greens their nitrogen boost from the coffee grounds the kids got from Starbucks yesterday. Instead of buying chemical fertilizers, we thought of a better idea staying at Starbucks once in a while, buying a couple of drinks while the kids are engaged with their activities and I work on my stuffs. Free AC office space, classroom, unique experience of the kids and of course my free coffee grounds.

... it's one day less to our final assessment day in TESDA which means putting an end to our tedious travel in the south to attend classes and sleepless nights studying and preparing for our portfolio. We are training to become certified assessors and trainors at a national level in our chosen field which is IT. Just adding another hat.

O my, I still got a lot of "to-thank-for-items" in my list which I opt not to write anymore coz I might be divulging too much information. I never thought there actually are a lot of things to be grateful for. Our lives will truly become better if our hearts are always thankful. It's actually God's will for us as stated by the source: "Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." (1 Thessalonians 5:18 ESV). I don't need to look further and wait for signs to know what God's will for me is, it's so crystal clear. I'm already doing God's will in my life by just being thankful.

And the ultimate reward for being thankful is a heart full of peace which comes from the author of peace alone which is Jesus.

And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. (Colossians 3:15-17 ESV)

It's never too late to start a bucket list of gratefulness. I can attest how life changing this small act is.

It's now your turn to publish your own TGIM post, may it be on any social media or blog sites you own and see how it could change your perspective on things and life per se.


No comments:

Post a Comment